Article 3 (1) (b) of the GNAT Constitution outlined the aim of the Association as to promote the interests of members (Teachers) and secure for them attractive conditions of service that may retain them in the teaching profession.
Personally, I see our national leadership to be sleeping on the job and does not care about the Welfare of the Classroom Teachers whose dues is used to pay them monthly.
Paragraph 2 of the joint letter dated 15th August, 2023 to the Director General of the Ghana Education Service signed by Mr. Thomas T. Musah, General Secretary GNAT, Mr Eric Agbe-Carbonu, President NAGRAT and Mr King Ali Awudu, President CCT-GH has proven that they signed agreement with the Ghana Education Service on behalf of we the classroom Teachers after which they were sleeping on their job as far as our promotion issues are concerned.
If they claim Teachers are to write two Promotion Exams each year,
1. How did they communicate the two dates to we their followers who are the major stakeholders in the Promotion Exams?
2. Why did they wait till 15th August where the second Promotion Exams was to be written before asking for the results of the one written in March since those who failed the first could register to better their performance in the second Exams?
3. Are they aware that at the time of writing their letter to the DG of GES, the Promotion Portal was not activated for Teachers who are due for Promotion to register?
4. Why has the first results not released and they are asking for the second Exams to be written and both results released before 31st December, 2023?
5. What is the government and the GES doing to compensate Teachers who took the Promotion Exams awaiting results and have retired even before their scripts were marked since this was a vertical promotion process Teachers undertook?
I entreat our National Leaders of the various Teacher unions in Ghana to read and comprehend *SECTION NINE PAGE 18,19 AND 20 OF THE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT FOR TEACHING STAFF WITHIN THE GHANA EDUCATION SERVICE (GES)* and act swiftly in the interest of the classroom Teachers because it is clear in their own letter that the second Exams is no where near to be written this August if they are giving Friday 25th August,2023 for the release of the results of the Exams written in March as an ultimatum.
I humbly call on the leadership of the various Teacher Unions to see their position as a call to duty and serve the interest of the classroom Teachers and demand for the immediate release of our Promotion Exam Results rather than the lip service they are giving us on paper.