Job Vacancies are announced for the following Positions at Peki College of Education, Peki – V/R
Potential Applicants are expected to be working at Colleges of Education and Ghana Education Service.
- The Vice Principal shall assist the Principal in the overall management, administration, academic and disciplinary issues of the College in accordance with the Colleges of Education Act 2012 (Act 847) and other regulatory provisions governing the Colleges of Education and in relation to the oversight responsibility of the Governing Council of the College.
- Perform the functions assigned by the Principal of the College.
- Act in the absence of the Principal of the College among others.
- Qualification and Experience:
- Applicant must have good character and high degree of personal integrity.
- Applicant must be a distinguished master teacher and scholar in Teaching and Learning.
- Applicant must be at least a Principal Tutor in the College of Education.
- Applicant must have at least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience in a senior management position with good knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing the Colleges of Education in particular and Tertiary Education in Ghana in general.
- Applicant must be able to complete at least one term of Three (3) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of Sixty (60) years.
THE COLLEGE SECRETARY
- Responsibilities and Duties: The College Secretary is the Head of the Office of the College
- He/She shall assist the Principal in the administration and management of the College.
- He/She is the Secretary to the College Council, all Committees of the Council as well as all Statutory Committees of the College.
- It shall be the responsibility of the College Secretary to ensure the functioning of all Boards and Standing Committees of the College.
- The Office of the Secretary is in charge of all administrative, secretarial and personnel matters of the College
- The Secretary of the College shall be the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is answerable to the Principal of the College in the discharge of the administrative duties of the Secretary to the College.
- Qualification and Experience: Applicant must hold a good first degree and a postgraduate degree preferably in Administration and Management related area.
- He/She must have served as a Deputy Secretary in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least four (4) years.
THE COLLEGE LIBRARIAN
- Responsibilities and Duties: The College Librarian provides leadership in advancing the College’s teaching and research mission through a clear vision of the library’s role, comprehensive strategic planning, incorporation of emerging technology, sound fiscal management and engagement of all members in the College community.
- He/She has overall responsibility for library, research and information needs of the College community;
- Drawing up and monitoring the implementation of College library strategic plan;
- Directing and coordinating the components of the Library;
- Establishing and maintaining procedures, policies and systems that make the effiecent library operations;
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and measuring the work activities of all library personnel;
- Representing the library in contracts with administration and Committees of the College.
- Qualification and Experience: Applicant must possess postgraduate degree in a library information related field.
- Applicant must have served as Deputy Librarian in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least four (4) years.
THE FINANCE OFFICER
- Responsibilities and Duties: The Finance Officer is the Chief Accounting Officer of the College and the Chief Financial Advisor to the Principal.
- He/She has the responsibility for the administration of the financial affairs of the College that will ensure its financial health and he/she exercises direct supervision over all accounting officers.
- He/She is responsible for collecting all legitimate revenue due the College.
- The Finance Officer exercises control over expenditure in line with the College’s objectives and budgets.
- He/She has the duty of preparing the annual budget of the College for presentation to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation.
- The Finance Officer is also responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the College are drawn up in accordance with the law establishing the Colleges, the Statutes, applicable accounting standards and all other Regulations approved by the College as well as all other relevant national laws; and liaises with the appointed external auditors to get the College’s financial statements audited.
- Liaises with the appointed external auditors to get the College’s financial statements audited.
- Qualification and Experience: Applicant must hold first degree or comparable qualification plus a professional qualification or a Master’s degree in Finance would be appropriate.
- He/She must have served as Deputy Finance Officer in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least four (4) years.
- In addition, applicant must be analytical, critical, result oriented, innovative and visionary among others.
- Possess hands-on work independently;
- Possess excellent communications, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software.
- Responsibilities and Duties: The Procurement Officer will perform duties relating to procurement of goods, services and works including:
- Assisting in the supervision of the procurement section of the College;
- Preparation of procurement plans for goods, works and services for the College;
- Assisting in ensuring adherence to procurement regulations as contained in the Procurement Act 2003, ACT 663 and any other regulatory framework;
- Formulation of procurement plans and strategies; assisting in the processing of tenders and advertisements among others.
- Qualification and Experience: Applicant must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution or relevant professional qualification.
- Candidate must have served as a Senior Procurement Assistant in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution or organization for at least four (4) years.
- Applicant must be computer literate and conversant with the relevant software.
- Responsibilities and Duties: A Chief Estate Management Assistant shall be responsible to the Principal for the management of the College’s Estate Department.
- He/She shall be advising management on estate matters, including property acquisition rent and rent review, leases and lease renewal and disposal of unserviceable.
- He/She shall be undertaking routine inspection of the College’s estates and preparation of regular reports.
- He/She shall be ensuring that proper estate register is maintained at the estate office, and that there is proper utilization of College’s property among others.
- Qualification and Experience: Candidate must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Candidate must have served as a Principal Estate Management Assistant in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution or organization for at least four (4) years.
- Candidate must be computer literate and conversant with the relevant software.
Responsibilities and Duties: A senior Guard shall assist the Chief Security Officer in the administration of the Security Services which include:
- Exercising control over the Guards and all security personnel;
- Ensuring discipline among security staff;
- Supervising and training of staff;
- Keeping the security situation under constant review for the safety and protection of the entire College community; and
- Advising Management on the security situation and logistic needs.
- Qualification and Experience: Applicant must have served as Guard Grade 1 in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least three (3) years with impeccable record.
- Applicant must have impeccable record of service.
- HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should attach updated soft and hard copies of Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter Current pay slip, two (2) copies of sealed recommendation letters and Photocopies of Certificates to their letters and address it to email@example.com and
THE CHAIR OF SEARCH COMMITTEE
C/O PEKI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 14
PEKI – V / R
DEADLINE: All applications should reach the addresses above on or before 5:00 pm on Monday 16th December 2019.