Manchester City suspend Mendy after rape charges

Efo Korsi Senyo
By
Efo Korsi Senyo
Managing Editor
Efo Korsi Senyo is the Founder and Executive Editor for AN Network - publishers of Awake News, Awake TV and Awake Africa Magazine. He founder Awake...
1 Min Read

Manchester City left-back, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended by the club after he was charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.

Chesire Police said that, the incidents is alleged to have happened between October last year and this month, and relates to three complainants, over the ages of 16.

- Advertisement -

A Chesire Police spokesman said; “Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial.”

In a statement, Manchester City confirmed that, “Benjamin Mendy has been charged by the police and that he has been suspended pending an investigation”.

Mendy joined City from Monaco in 2017 and has won the Premier League three times and the English League Cup twice.

- Advertisement -

See the club’s statement below;

“Manchester City can confirm that following his being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.

“The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”

- Advertisement -

Benjamin Mendy, 27, is due to appear in court on Friday, August 27, 2021.


Do you have any information to give us, press releases or news to publish? Please send them to editor@awakenews24.com

Share This Article
Managing Editor
Follow:
Efo Korsi Senyo is the Founder and Executive Editor for AN Network - publishers of Awake News, Awake TV and Awake Africa Magazine. He founder Awake in 2012 and served as the Chief Editor until 2022. He is a businessman and investigative journalist. Email: talktosenyo@gmail.com
Leave a Comment