The 36 states of Anlo that pledge allegiance to the Awɔmefia as the Overload, Ruler and Leader of the Anloland.
1. Anyanui – made up of Atiteti, Ƒuveme, Agɔkedzi, Kpɔkpɔgbɔ, Bomigo and Tunu
2. Dzita – Covers Agbledomi, Batepe and Akplorwotorkor
3. Atɔkɔ – comprises of Amegatsekɔƒe and Dakɔdzi
4. Srɔgboe which goes a long way to cover the town of Salo
5. Whuti – made up of the Genui town and other smaller towns
6. Anloga The capital and seat of the Awɔmefia of the Anloland.
7. Woe an immediate neighbour of Anloga and Tegbi
8. Tegbi One of the biggest towns by land size in the Anloland
9. Dzelukorpe ‘Whuga’ or ‘Zomayi’ encompasses Vui, Tetekorpe, Tetevikorpe, and Nukpesekorpe
10. Keta – Formerly the main business center of the Anloland made up of Abutiakorpe, Kedzikorpe, and Adzido
11. Vodza, a town that covers the new Zongo
12. Kedzi which shares a land boundary with Blekusu along the Keta-Aflao road
13. Blekusu lone-standing towns around the coastal lines of the Anloland best known for marine fishing.
14. Agavedzi which is found along the Keta-Aflao stretch
15. Adina which comprises Amutinu, Agorko, and other smallef towns
16. Adafienu, a place of fish harvest
17. Denu which covers Afekotuime, Xedzranawo, and Akame
18. Aflao, called among the Anlos as ‘Flawu’ covering Viepe, Avoeme, Ʋudoaba. and other towns
19. Agbozume, the home of Nogokpo, Yelibato, Sonuto etc
20. Klikor, a land of great people which share borders with Agbozume
21. Afiadenyigba one of our historic and great towns comprises Tengekorpe and some other adjoining communities
22. Weta covers Avalavi or Awhalavi, Klenormadi, Atiteti, Exi, Adzortsi, and others
23. Apipe in the dialect as ‘Afiƒe’ which covers Agorvega, Tsiyinu, Kporkuve, Vume, Whute, Woxawhu, and other communities
24. Aborlorve – Norlorpi/Ŋɔlɔfi, a popular town of great
25. Anyako-Konu, a land that covers Efe, and Seva
26. Sasieme which is originally pronounced as Fiasienyeame
27. Abor is a town that comes with Heluvi, Atsiame, Weme, Kutsime, and Kutsidzi
28. Tsiame comes with the towns of Netsime, Dorveme, and others that might sprout up
29. Asadame, a neighbour to the Tsiame community
30. Atiavi which covers Hatorgodo, Agorvinu, Lawoasime, Hortagbor, Gbetuinu, Aveli and other towns.
31. Kome as a town covers Fiaxor, Kodzi, Deta, Atsito, Latame, and Alakple.
32. Shime, habours Tregui, Adzato, Agortoe, Klomikpota, Akploefudzi, Azanu, Badadzi, Nyikuto, Trekume, Bleamezado, Dosookorpe, Sakome, Hadota and others
33. Avenor which moves away from main Anlo to cover Avenorpeme, Avenorpedo, Dzogadze, Xavi, Akatsi, Xikpo, Whute, and Atidzive.
34. Penyi, a town that shares a boundary with Dzodze and covers Kpoglu and some other towns
35. Dzodze a town that covers Kuli, Tadzewhu, Xevi, and other towns
36. Ave which comes with Ave Afiadenyigba, Havi, Dakpa and their environs
In my subsequent article, we’ll talk about the 3 main types of Chiefs among the Anlos and a complete list of all the Chiefs of the above 36 states under the leadership of the Awɔmefia Togbigã Sri lll
Long live Togbigã Sri lll, Long live Aŋlɔ dukɔ, Long live the Eʋe dukɔ.
By: Desmond Ahm