The Bono Regional Youth Organizer of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Efo Worlanyo Tsekpo is alleging that the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, Jean Mensa has over ten military personnel in her security details.
“Even me, Efo Worlanyo Tsekpo, my security as a Regional Youth Organizer is very important to my party not to talk of a whole Speaker Of our Parliament” – Efo Wornalyo said in a statement reacting to a letter from the Ghana Armed Forces that it has withdrawn their military personnel assigned to the Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin
The officers withdrawn are WO1 Jafaru Bunwura, WOII Apugiba Awine David, S/Sgt Agbley Prosper and Sgt. Bonney Prince who have been serving Bagbin’s office since he became Speaker in January 2021.
The letter from the Chief of Staff of the Ghana Armed Forces, NP Andoh to the Speaker said the four officers were attached ‘without proper procedure.’
“It is humbly requested that the personnel are withdrawn with effect from 14 January 2022 while efforts are made to regularize their attachment,” the letter stated.
This Efo Worlanyo sees as a calculated attempt to deprive the speaker of his security.
“Does it mean our Armed Forces lack intelligence and are so incompetent that for more than a year they didn’t know the whereabouts of their officers assigned to the Speaker? If so then Ghana is naked in the hands of the current leadership of the GAF. This is serious and the GAF must be investigated.”
Read the full statement:
THE PRESIDENT SIMPLY WANTS BAGBIN DEAD.
Sad to hear Government has withdrawn with immediate effect the military personnel in Speaker Bagbin’s team.
1. Was it not the same Presidency that assigned those officers to Speaker Bagbin over a year ago?
2. How many years have the Soldiers worked with the Speaker?
3. Does it mean our Armed Forces lack intelligence and are so incompetent that for more than a year they didn’t know the whereabouts of their officers assigned to the Speaker? If so then Ghana is naked in the hands of the current leadership of the GAF. This is serious and the GAF must be investigated.
4. Withdrawing the security of the Speaker even for a second means the Speaker is exposed to any form of attack, can the same be done to the President or the Vice President?
5. Even Jean Mensah who sacrificed her integrity and went to bed with the NPP and Anim Yeboah to steal the will of the people for Nana Addo has over 10 military personnel in her security team how much more the Speaker Of Parliament Of the Republic of Ghana?
6. All these are happening because of Bagbin’s stand on E-levy and LGBTQ issues.
7. Even me, Efo Worlanyo Tsekpo, my security as a Regional Youth Organizer is very important to my party not to talk of a whole Speaker Of our Parliament.
8. Hope we haven’t forgotten of the strange accident that took the life of one of the Speakers riders and his recent Dubai medical vacation? All is not well! All is not well because the government is not having its way as it used to. Osei Kyei Mensah’s posture in recent times shows it all.
Time for Bagbin and the entire NDC MPs to know their lives are in danger every second that passes by under Nana Addo and his Government.
Time for them to know that they are in the same chamber with people who wish them dead.
Let’s Continue to pray for Our Speaker and our 137 Members of Parliament.
We shall surely Overcome.