NOTE: This 2nd Call for Application only for Bloggers and Social Media Influencers in Ashanti, Brong Ahafo, Northern, Upper West, and Upper East Regions.
The Africa Centre for International Law & Accountability (ACILA) has announced a call for application for the training of Bloggers and Social Media Influencers on human rights.
The residential workshop is designed to enhance the capacity of Ghanaian Bloggers and Social Media Influencers on how to use technology to advocate the protection, promotion, and respect for the rights of all persons in Ghana in [ads1]accordance with Ghana’s obligations under domestic and international human rights law.
The 2-day workshop will be held from November 22 – 23, 2018 at Royal LaMerta Hotel, Ahodow, Kumasi targeting 30 bloggers and social media influencers from the Ashanti, Brong Ahafo, Northern, Upper East and Upper West regions.
Who Can Apply:
- Any person in Ghana who has a well-patronized Blog (Online News portal) that he or she uses to disseminate information to the general public.
- Writes and publishes on his/her blog
- Any person in Ghana that has many followers on social media (facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin) and uses those or any of the listed major social media platforms to educate the general public and engenders discussions on key national issues.
- The applicant should be based in any of the regions and must be available to physically participate in the two day workshop
Benefits for Selected participants:
- Participants will be trained and provided with training materials
- Certificate of participation
- Payment of transportation;
- Provision of accommodation for residential participants
What Will I Do After the Training?:
You will become a member of the Human Rights Defenders of Ghana, backed by a UN General Assembly resolution for the promotion, protection and respect of human rights in Ghana.
How Do I Apply: PLEASE CLICK HERE to complete a form